XLjedi has uploaded 26 craft
You might notice
EZ-Swap parts mentioned in some of my designs. This just means the parts are designed to easily be swapped out with some other part of your choosing. It allows you to take out mission bays, and replace with passenger space, or extra fuel, or a docking port… Whatever your mission may call for. There are no other parts attached to them, so they are very easy to change out and still maintain the structure and appearance of the craft.
I try to maintain standard key assignments for all my craft. I also like to create craft that can be carried along as cargo on other craft. So with that in mind, I use the following as a guide:
- Engine Mode Toggle (could be air breathing, forward/reverse, afterburner, etc.)
- Primary Engine Toggle (typically high thrust, low efficiency)
- Secondary Engine Toggle (typically high efficiency, low thrust)
- Control Surface Toggle (flaps or any other deployed control surfaces, activating hydroplanes for instance)
- Bay Doors Toggle (any/all doors open/close)
- Recharge and Deploy Comms (solar panel and communication equipment deployment; seemed to be a good pairing for me)
- Heatsink or Utility 1 (deploy radiators)
- Dock/Undock or Utility 2 (deploy jacks if needed to dock, and/or undock and activate parachutes for airdrop vehicles)
- Rover Engine Toggle (sometimes I also consider a fuel cell to be a rover engine)
- Kill Switch (turns off everything on a craft that can be cargo: RCS, wheel engines, fuel cells, etc. …very useful for stowed craft!)
As noted, I use 7 and 8 as general
Utility categories that may have other uses for vehicles without the need for docking and heatsink. So 7 and 8 are really my only wildcards. There are certain activities like: ISRU processing, drilling, experiments, singular landing gear toggle, claw deployment, ladders, etc. …that occur infrequently enough that I’m fine not having those activities assigned.