Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Mid career SSTO based on Nuke/Whiplash tech. Wings are angled at 5 degrees and make lift when set to prograde. In fact for optimum efficiency it should be flown on prograde assist whenever possible especially when on nuke power.
Turning SAS off completely, it is trimmed to fly with the nose about one and a half degrees more
1. set prograde, full power to takeoff. it will lift itself off and start to climb.
2. feel free to switch to stability assist mode to stop the nose rising further if it tries to climb much steeper than 15 degrees.
3. it will go supersonic itself near 10km.
4. due to having slightly too much lift, it will probably zoom over 20km under 600m/s first time. Wait for it to come back down.
5. If it zooms over 17km over 900 m/s, then it’s time to go to space. Activate nukes, stay on prograde.
6. after activating nukes it may zoom climb to 33km then start back down again. Resist the urge to pull up, this creates drag, it will level off itself at 25km and start going upstairs for good.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 59
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote