Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A mod spaceplane called Libelle-4T. Built with 111 of the finest parts, its root part is HL.Aero.Cockpit.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
This is tanker variant of Libelle-4 family, capable of lofting fuel equivalent of 1.5-1.8 Rockomax Jumbo tanks to LKO depending on orbit altitude. Other variant of the family is freighter Libelle-4FL3
Equipped with large KIS container for supplying orbital stations with required materials.
Not certified for flight operations without using FAR.
Atmosphere Autopilot highly recommended for its Fly-by-Wire feature.
- Set Brakes on
- Turn Fly-by-wire on, RCS off, SAS off
- Set Flaps to position 1
- Start up Sabres (action group 8)
- Full throttle
- When thrust is at least 80%, release brakes
- If all-up weight is 230 ton or more, switch Sabres to closed cycle at 100 m/s to get more thrust, switch back when airborne.
- Rotate at 130 m/s
- Gear up
- Flaps up
Achieving Orbit and Performing Orbital Maneuvers:
- Set speed control to 250 m/s
- Set climb rate to ~100 m/s
- Climb to 10,000 m
- Set full throttle and disengage speed control
- Set climb rate to 70 m/s
- Climb to 20,000 - 21,000 m and keep that altitude
- Accelerate to 1500-1550 m/s
- Switch Sabres to closed cycle (action group 3)
- Set climb rate to 200-250 m/s
- Turn RCS on
- Turn attitude control Vernors on (action group 6)
- At altitude of ~30,000 m set prograde course
- Keep accelerating until desired apoapsis is reached
- Set throttle to idle
- Set thrust limiter to 35-45 % on both Sabres, otherwise Vernors could not keep the craft on course
- Coast out of atmosphere, disengage Fly-by-wire
- Circularize with help of MJ. Sabres have significant thrust offset, so achieving circular orbit using them is complicated. Therefore, after establishing stable orbit, further maneuvers should be made using Thuds.
- Deploy solar panels (action group 4)
- Shut down Vernors (action group 6)
- Switch to Thuds using action group 9 (this automatically shuts Sabres down)
Recommended periapsis for entering the atmosphere from LKO is 28-30 km. Craft has reserve tanks in tail compartment, you might want to use them and distribute fuel to shift CoM just ahead of main gear.
1. Retract solar panels (action group 4)
2. Before entering atmosphere, set AoA to 70-80 deg.
3. Engage Fly-by-Wire, turn off moderation.
4. Turn on attitude control Vernors (action group 6)
5. Keep high AoA until craft slowed down to speeds below 1800 m/s
6. Perform further descend and aerobraking as necessary
Maximum landing weight is 145 ton.
Minimum control speed is 110 m/s. Recommended landing speed is 120 m/s. Set flaps to position 2.
NavUtilities highly recommended for landing aid.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 111
- Mods: 11
- B9 Aerospace - Legacy Parts Pack
- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- Kerbal Attachment System
- Kerbal Inventory System
- MechJeb 2
- NEBULA EVA handrails pack.
- Procedural Wings
- Squad (stock)
- TAC Life Support (TACLS)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote