Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A mod spaceplane called Eve Spaceplane2. Built with 47 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2CrewCabin.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.0.
It is a part of fully reusable Eve Orbital Access System. This space plane is able to put 6 kerbals in Low Eve Orbit and safely bring them back. It is designed for air launch from altitude of 23-24 km and packs 4150 m/s dV. It still holds about 100 m/s after achieving 95x95 orbit.
Two other components of the system are Eve Air Launcher and Attachment Ramp. The ramp is necessary for docking the Spaceplane to Air Launcher - Spaceplane sits rather low on the ground and for safe rotation during take off it should be placed high enough to avoid tail strike.
The ramp provides a safe way to put the Spaceplane in position necessary for docking.
Do not attempt to dock Spaceplane to Air Launcher by lowering its gear!
Air Launcher has a tendency to jump up in the air when undercarriage is retracted while on the ground and this could lead to unwanted consequences not offering a chance to complete the docking.
The Spaceplane features standard KIS container in the cargo bay just in front of engine. Two docking ports are provided - one is intended for docking to the Air Launcher and is located closely to the center of mass, second one is directly attached to crew cabin and designed for orbital docking with other space crafts. Direct attachment makes crew transfer possible if Connected Living Spaces mod is in use.
One welded part is used in its construction - a number of connected B9 HL Extension tanks. Their fuel fraction is brought to KSP’s standard 0.87 (slightly worse than Rockomax Jumbo with its 0.89 and on par with Mk2 tanks) and having one tank instead of dozen greatly simplifies refueling. You will need Ubiozur Welding mod and this part. Just place it somewhere under GameData directory (preferrably GameData/UbioWeldingLtd/Parts/FuelTank/espsidetank/espsidetank.cfg)
The craft was designed for flying with FAR and using of Atmosphere Autopilot is strongly recommended for its Fly-By-Wire feature
Note that the craft lacks RCS system, the other docking craft should carry out rendezvous and docking maneuver.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 47
- Mods: 11
- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Core Pack
- Kerbal Inventory System
- MechJeb 2
- Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
- Procedural Wings
- Squad (stock)
- Stock Extension
- TAC Life Support (TACLS)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
For docking to Air Launcher, use provided manual
For achieving launch position, use provided manual
After separation from Air Launcher
- Immediately activate Fly-By-Wire (if in use)
- Regain the control of the craft keeping the course and attitude (i.e do not dive or put it in extreme climb)
- Activate the engine (action group 9)
- Gently put the craft on climb gradually bringing climb rate to 300 m/s
- Keep accelerating until 95,000 m apoapsis is reached
- Coast out of atmosphere, make short burns if required
- Once in space, circularize using either MechJeb (installed) or your preferred method.
Re-entry and landing
- Plan de-orbit burn to bring the periapsis to 50,000 - 60,000 m.
- Orient the craft in prograde direction with wings leveled. Keep AoA of 20 - 30 °
- You should expect to travel ¼ - 1/5 of Eve circumference before landing, though your experience may vary.
- Air brakes should not be deployed at airspeeds above Mach 1
- Approach and landing speed is about 50 m/s
- Pay attention to roll during landing as undercarriage track is very narrow
Note - Not all the parts of this craft were detected
But You can help
and help improve the knowledge base
together we will put an end to incomplete mod lists
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote