Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A mod spaceplane Ciconia. Built with 66 parts in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
Requires FAR! Atmosphere Autopilot highly recommended for its Fly-by-Wire feature.
This is med-tech SSTO with 13-15 ton to LKO lifting capability utilizing piggyback cargo arrangement. Actual payload mass depends on payload aerodynamic characteristics. Spaceplane is unmanned, you might need to use ‘control from here’ of Clamp-o-tron Jr. port in front service bay. .craft file does not contain payload; for proper payload attachment save the spaceplane as subassembly and attach it to payload using radial decoupler and struts. When everything is set, change root back to carrier spaceplane and check the staging.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 66
- Mods: 8
- B9 Aerospace Parts Pack
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- MechJeb 2
- Procedural Wings
- Squad (stock)
- Stock Extension
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
The craft is designed during career game with low to med tech available, so it does not have custom action groups assigned. Abort action group is linked to afterburning turbojet engine mode.
- Set Brakes on
- Turn Fly-by-wire on, RCS off, SAS off
- Set Flaps to position 1
- Start up turbojets (stage)
- Full throttle
- When thrust is at least 80%, release brakes
- Rotate at 120 m/s
- Gear up
- Flaps up
- Set speed control to 250 m/s
- Set climb rate to ~100 m/s
- Climb to 10,000 m
- Set full throttle and disengage speed control
- Set climb rate to 50 m/s
- Climb to 17,000-18,000 m and keep that altitude
- Accelerate to 1100-1250 m/s
- Start up Swivels (stage)
- Set climb rate to 170-200 m/s
- Turn RCS on
- At ~30,000 m set prograde course
- Keep accelerating until desired apoapsis is reached
- Coast out of atmosphere, disengage Fly-by-wire
- Circularize orbit
Recommended periapsis for entring the atmosphere is 30 km.
1. Retract solar panels
2. Before entering atmosphere, set AoA to 40-50 deg.
3. Engage Fly-by-Wire, turn off moderation.
4. Keep AoA of 30-40°
5. Perform further descend and aerobraking as necessary
Minimum control speed is 90 m/s. Recommended landing speed is 100 m/s. Set flaps to position 2.
NavUtilities highly recommended for landing aid.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote