Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A craft to simulate the destructive effect of docking joint flexibility combined with forces from flight stresses or docking/staging events.
A stock aircraft called Wobbly Strutter. Built with 49 of the finest parts, its root part is mk3CargoBayL.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.0.
- Type: SPH
- Class: base
- Part Count: 49
- Pure Stock
- Squad (stock)
- Engage breaks (to prevent it from riding off into the sunset).
- Allow it to settle.
- Quickly toggle the gear to retract, then extend again before it is fully retracted.
- Observe how the joints between the docking ports behave as if they are not mechanically connected.
- Allow it to settle again.
- Disable the autostruts on the two docking ports facing each other in the center of the cargo bay.
- Give it a minute. From standstill, a slowly growing swinging motion will spontaneously develop.
- Set the autostrut to ‘root’ of either one of the two docking ports. Observe the swinging of the opposite side become even worse - sometimes even resulting in spontaneous disassembly.
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilites of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote