Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called Tiny-SSTO-1a. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1, with 28 of the finest parts, its root part is ServiceBay.125.
A minimalist entry for the Smallest SSTO forum challenge by linuxgurugamer. 9040 funds, 4.178t, 25 parts (without the gantry). Transports 1 kerbal to 80km LKO and reenters for a safe landing at the KSC runway, with some LF to spare for powered flight.
- EVA to board the seat
- engage brakes, stage to release from gantry
- set SAS hold, throttle full, stage to fire up jet
- at 150m/s, pitch up to 25 degrees and hold
- at jet flame out, stage rockets and switch SAS to prograde
- burn to 80.2km Ap, then coast
- circularize at Ap (60-70s burn)
- burn retrograde when nearing crater (all Ox will go)
- set SAS to radial out, open bay (AG3)
- use bay open as aerobrake to shed speed
- switch back to SAS hold to glide her in
- slow your descent rate to prevent bouncing at touch down
There should be 5-10 units LF left for powered flight, but mind the throttle, she will very easily accelerate beyond her thermal limits! Note that this challenge version doesn’t have full tanks - you can fill her up to extend her operational range both in and out of the atmosphere.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 28
- Pure Stock
- Mass (wet): 4.178t
- Mass (dry): 2.778t
- Part count: 25
- Cost: 9040 funds
- Squad (stock)
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilites of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote