Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called TIE-fighter 10b. Built with 94 of the finest parts, its root part is probeStackSmall. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.5.
A 1.25m core version of the TIE fighter. Very nimble craft. Includes mock weapons that can be fired inflight for special effects shots. Also includes launch clamp assembly.
- If you want a pilot, add a Kerbal to the can. It is not required, the fighter has a probe core.
- Once loaded onto the runway, EVA the Kerbal and grab and climb the ladder.
- The top of the command seat is just visible above the top of the ladder. Click and ‘board’.
- Throttle up, stage to rev up the engines, then stage again to make the clamp release you.
- The TIE fighter will easily climb vertically several km, so you have time to level yourself out.
While having a Kerbal onboard will add drag and weight, impact to control is much less than with the model 04 tiny TIE. There is a slight loss of performance but it will remain highly maneuverable.
It is possible but very difficult to land it VTOL style. There is a single-use chute system - use it, it’s safer (just remember to slow down below 260m/s or so).
Now feel the power of the dark side!
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 94
- Pure Stock
- Squad (stock)
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilities of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote