Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called TIE-fighter 04. Built with 61 of the finest parts, its root part is probeCoreOcto2. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.5.
- If you want a pilot, add a Kerbal to the can. It is not required, the fighter has a probe core.
- Once loaded onto the runway, EVA the Kerbal and grab and climb the ladder.
- The bottom of the command seat is just visible as a vertical beam connecting the battery and the probe core, just above the ladder. Click and ‘board’.
- Throttle up, stage to rev up the engines, then stage again to make the clamp release you.
- The TIE fighter will easily climb vertically several km, so you have time to level yourself out.
Note that having a Kerbal onboard will add drag and weight, making it harder to control. You’ll notice especially that it is considerably harder to pitch up out of a fast dive. It is possible but very difficult to land it VTOL style. There is a chute - use it, it’s safer (just remember to slow down below 260m/s or so).
Now feel the power of the dark side!
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 61
- Pure Stock
- Squad (stock)
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilites of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote