Paste a url where
can be downloaded
An entry for the Auto-Staging challenge, for stock hard mode - payload and safe return.
Note that per rules, the configured staging sequence has to be ‘reset’ in the VAB before rolling out to the launch pad.
A stock rocket called KSP-ResetStager-1. Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.2.2, with 37 of the finest parts, its root part is mk1pod.
An entry for the Reset Staging Challenge, stock hard mode. Delivers an autonomous satellite to orbit and returns the pilot safely home even after the staging sequence is reset.
- Load the craft, then RESET the staging sequence before rolling out to the launch pad.
- Set SAS to stabilize, throttle to full, stage for lift off on SRB.
- At 70m/s, switch SAS to follow prograde.
- Stage to release empty SRB, then again to fire LFO engine.
- Switch to map and watch apoapsis, cut throttle at around 85km.
- Set a maneuver node for circularization.
- Manually deploy the fairing, the antennae and the solar panels.
- Start the circularization burn early, the LFO is intentionally about 60-65m/s short.
- Stage to release the empty LFO stage, then engage RCSto finish the burn.
- Correct your inclination as needed, there is plenty monoprop to do so.
- Point normal or anti-normal and undock the payload into its orbit.
- Point prograde and stage to release the fairing base.
- Use RCS to burn for reentry.
- Stage parachute.
Video of the craft in action: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwp3oyu6abtf57m/KSP122-ResetStager-1.mp4?dl=0
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 37
- Pure Stock
- Squad (stock)
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilites of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote