Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called JumboJet1d. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1, with 50 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2Cockpit.Standard.
A long-range supersonic passenger airliner designed to meet the KEA RJC JumboJet (and Supersonic) category requirements. Can circumnavigate Kerbin (after reaching cruising speed).
- Entry-level airliner: space for 2 pilots, 168 passengers and 6 crew (KEA rules), cargo.
- Long range, fuel efficient: cruises at Mach 2.84 @ 16.5km using an average of 0.38 LF/s.
- Easy operation: take off speed 65 m/s (w/flaps 55 m/s), or hands-free 80 m/s.
- Low maintenance, cost-efficient: only 3 engines and 50 parts, 45t wet, 73M (in KEA$).
- 2220 LF fully fueled (some tank space unused for balance/cargo purposes).
This design was born out of curiosity at a recent remark in the KEA RJC thread about having trouble meeting the JumboJet range requirements (4000+ km). As the challenge OP seems to be absent, this should not be considered an entry for the time being, but it was a fun test nonetheless.
Full imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/Fhs4shl
(Hotel26’s Lightning offers a more slender Mk1 variation if this type of wing caught your interest.)
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 50
- Pure Stock
- Squad (stock)
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilities of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!