Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock aircraft called FleaC'er Ic. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1, with 99 of the finest parts, its root part is sasModule.
An entry to the Flea Jump forum challenge, reaching 138km of ground distance on a single Flea SRB. As all other entries were vertical take offs, I decided to go for a rolling start off the runway.
(with Flea thrust limited at 4%, other flight profiles may exist)
- EVA from Mk1 can, board seat (zoom camera in fairing)
- engage brakes, stage to decouple the can
- let plane settle, then turn on SAS, set throttle to full, release brakes, stage
- lifts off by itself, no inputs needed
- at 90-100m/s pitch up to ~7.5 degrees, hold until flame out
- set SAS to follow prograde until pitched ~ 7.5 degrees down
- SAS hold and glide
- tap pitch down whenever speed drops to 40m/s
- slowly level out as you get lower, at ASL she can still glide at 25m/s
- touch down can be done safely by flaring a few meters off the surface
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 99
- Pure Stock
- Squad (stock)
Don’t take anything too seriously, I’m mostly just having crazy fun testing the (im)possibilities of flight, physics and design in the amazing sandbox that is Kerbal Space Program. Feedback is welcome!
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote