Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A Trainer for a New Century
The U.S. Air Force recently announced the winner of its T-X competition, designed to replace the aging T-38 Talon jet trainers that will have been in service for fifty years by the time they are replaced in 2030.
The contract was awarded to a joint effort between Boeing and Sweden’s Saab aerospace group, the only original design in the competition. The win is a big victory for Boeing, which until recently had been crowded out of the defense business.
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 203
- Pure Stock
Credit to HB_Stratos for doing a major overhaul of this craft, fixing a lot of my errors/mistakes. Check him out, he makes awesome stuff: https://kerbalx.com/HB_Stratos
* Improved cockpit shape
* slight changes on the nozzle
* changed the moving CG
* monoprop removed from cockpit
* added non-fuel weight to the back
* changed fuselage bottom to be more round
* canards clipped into the front to move CoL
* changed top fuselage for less lift in the tail
* tweaked gear for less bouncing on the ground
* addded some autostruts to keep it from bending
* changed flap/aileron setup
* rear gear stearing turned off
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote