Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Gets to orbit with enough delta-V to do a munshot… but just remember to get to orbit as efficiently as possible after that! This is a dual-seater design, but before reentry, make sure to press (5) to activate the fuel cells and wait until you have precisely enough fuel left to return to kerbin. (it’s unstable with about 1/3 to 2/3 of its fuel remaining while in the atmosphere, and the electricity held is only what the cockpit can hold, that’s why there are fuel cells,). Good luck!
- Fly off the end of the runway
- Fly at 0 degrees until the plane is almost in the water
- Pull up to wherever it starts rising again
- When the plane’s altitude is higher than 200m, pull up to somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees
- When the plane’s altitude is about 20 km, activate the LV-N.
- When the rapiers flame-out, switch them to closed-cycle. Then use SAS to go straight up (radial-out).
- When the navball changes to orbit mode, switch to map view after changing it back to surface mode. (click on it until it says
- Monitor the AP. when it gets to about 80 - 100km kill the engines. Switch back to staging mode and deactivate the LV-N.
- Turn prograde, deploy the solar panels, then time-warp until the AP.
- Start to circularize. When you get too far behind your AP, kill the engines and time warp to it again. Repeat until circularized or just in a stable orbit. If you run out of oxidizer then deactivate the rapiers, switch them to air-breathing mode then reactivate the LV-N.
- Make any burns to adjust your orbit.
- when in a good position, plan a manuever to return to kerbin.
- use the fuel cells until you have just enough fuel to run the burn and fine-tune your approach.
- shut down the fuel cells.
- run the burn, then retract the solar panels and remove the last of your fuel.
- descend normally, when in the lower atmosphere, reactivate the rapiers and disable the LV-N NOTE: when in need of a rapid decceleration on a runway or similar surface, press (6) to activate the parachutes
For the following list,
* at the end of a mod name means the mod is required for this craft to work.
- Tweakscale *
- MechJeb * (for dV stats and manuever planning assistance only)
- KerbalX (for uploading this craft)
- VesselMover (for moving vessels)
NOTE: This vessel might kill your kerbals if it malfunctions. Very likely to not land correctly. For best results landing, try landing somewhere that will not hit the ocean but is forgiving and might not blow you up.
A mod aircraft called SSTO DESIGN. Built with 88 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2Cockpit.Standard.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 88
- Mods: 3
- MechJeb 2
- Squad (stock)
- TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote