Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock SSTO 3 seat spaceplane. Its main advantages are speed and safety - it does not use any air breathing engines, only one Vector and a few small monopropellant ones.
Safety is very important as well, so habitable part is separate from fuel part and in case of emergency can be decoupled, while still being flyable and having over 300m/s of deltaV.
- Enough deltaV to get to 100x100km circular orbit with ~300m/s deltaV to spare
- Possibility to decouple habitable part and fly it on its own spaceplane, while having 300m/s deltaV as well
- Time to orbit: Under 3 minutes
How to launch to orbit:
- Full throttle
- At around 70m/s, pitch up and aim for 80 degree pitch
- Gradually reduce pitch so that by 15km, it’s around 45 degrees
- Set SAS to prograde and let it burn until apoapsis >75km
- Coast to apoapsis, circularize
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 64
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote