Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A FAR aircraft called Sensible Spaceplane Transporting Oranges. Built with 284 of the finest parts, it is an unmanned craft.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.2.
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is absolutely necessary unless you want to add around 70 struts yourself
S.S.T.O. for short.
The engines are pointed 5 degrees downwards; orient spacecraft 5 degrees downwards for maximum
Don’t worry if some of the engines do not activate due to
shrouding. This is a known issue; you will still be able to go to space with ~10 engines. Deactivate engines to fix torque about the yaw axis.
Remember to transfer fuel back into cargo before decoupling those docking ports! (looking for a fix)
Ascent profile is nothing out of the ordinary:
- Take-off pitch up at 170m/s.
- Initial ascent can be as aggressive as 50-60 degrees up to 8-10 km.
- Transonic drag is pretty harsh on the wings (as with most large crafts), so avoid transonic speeds while performing maneuvers.
- Maximum load on the wings: 5 g (around the first big tick mark on the g-force scale).
- Ferram Aerospace Research
- Squad (stock)
- Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 284
- Mods: 2
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote