Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A throttleable and redockable Kraken Drive. Based on the work of famous physicist Albert Kerman and his Theory of General Krakenry.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1.
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 21
- Pure Stock
- Huge delta-v and acceleration.
- Timewarp and scene change friendly with its redockable core that don’t generate unwanted acceleration.
- Throttleable for precise maneuvering.
HOW TO USE
1. Make sure you have enough electrical power (duh!).
2. Decouple the core with action 1.
3. Use the autority limiter of the Elevon 4 to throttle the amount of force applied.
4. If you need to timewarp or switch scene, redock the core with action 2.
5. To use again, undock the core wth action 2 and go back to step 3.
- The device needs a minimum speed and/or altitude to work so you have to use an auxiliary engine for takeoff and landing.
- The throttle cannot be changed when shielded in a cargo bay or fairing. You can however set the throttle with the cargo bay opened, close it and activate / deactivate the device by toggling the Klaw arming. That way, the K-Drive doesn’t generate drag.
- If you put it in a cargo bay, you may have to do step 2 with the bay opened to prevent an explosion (don’t know why).
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote