Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 146
A stock aircraft called frog jumpship v. I4B. Built with 146 of the finest parts, its root part is adapterMk3-Size2Slant.
Features a custom rear cargo bay ramp, allowing for a shorter spaceplane length/tail section.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.4.
control from herefeature of forward looking external docking port in front of NERVA to fix incorrect nav ball orientation
- use VTOL as briefly as possible when launching from Kerbin to have enough fuel to get to orbit
- to reach mun, refuel in orbit using inline MK1 docking port on left side inside cargo bay (refueling tanker may need narrow boom to reach docking port)
- disable outer pair of R.A.P.I.E.R.s when in orbit to prevent flipping over backwards (action group 8 but co-ordinate with action group 2 to ensure rest of R.A.P.E.R.s are at opposite states, either on or off)
- disable all parts that have both oxidizer & liquid fuel as well as monopropellants then use up liquid fuel only parts with NERVA to get to mun
- use R.A.P.I.E.R.s as late as possible when landing, trying to use up liquid only fuel tanks 1st through use of NERVA engines
- use NERVAs on opposite side of Kerbin that’s facing away from the mun (gravity assist) to have enough fuel to reach it (slow & tedious)
- NERVAs can only be used at 40% power due to center of gravity issues
- kneel (action group 6) craft before decoupling rover
- rover will roll out but get stuck against tail; kneel back up once cargo bay floor cleared then board rover & reverse to clear tail
- repeat same process when re-attaching (don’t forget to deploy ladder if going back & forth from plane to rover & set internal cargo bay docking port as target)
- don’t go more than 8m/s with rover on mun surface or will flip over
- note: was not able to reach mun orbit after launching from mun surface for return trip to Kerbin (but maybe a more skilled pilot will succeed)
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote