Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 146
A stock aircraft called frog jumpship v. I4B. Built with 146 of the finest parts, its root part is adapterMk3-Size2Slant.
Features a custom rear cargo bay ramp, allowing for a shorter spaceplane length/tail section.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.4.
control from herefeature of forward looking external docking port in front of NERVA to fix incorrect nav ball orientation
- use VTOL as briefly as possible when launching from Kerbin to have enough fuel to get to orbit
- to reach mun, refuel in orbit using inline MK1 docking port on left side inside cargo bay (refueling tanker may need narrow boom to reach docking port)
- disable outer pair of R.A.P.I.E.R.s when in orbit to prevent flipping over backwards (action group 8 but co-ordinate with action group 2 to ensure rest of R.A.P.E.R.s are at opposite states, either on or off)
- disable all parts that have both oxidizer & liquid fuel as well as monopropellants then use up liquid fuel only parts with NERVA to get to mun
- use R.A.P.I.E.R.s as late as possible when landing, trying to use up liquid only fuel tanks 1st through use of NERVA engines
- use NERVAs on opposite side of Kerbin that’s facing away from the mun (gravity assist) to have enough fuel to reach it (slow & tedious)
- NERVAs can only be used at 40% power due to center of gravity issues
- kneel (action group 6) craft before decoupling rover
- rover will roll out but get stuck against tail; kneel back up once cargo bay floor cleared then board rover & reverse to clear tail
- repeat same process when re-attaching (don’t forget to deploy ladder if going back & forth from plane to rover & set internal cargo bay docking port as target)
- don’t go more than 8m/s with rover on mun surface or will flip over
- note: was not able to reach mun orbit after launching from mun surface for return trip to Kerbin (but maybe a more skilled pilot will succeed)
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote