Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock rocket called frigate try 5. Built with 279 of the finest parts, its root part is adapterSize3-Mk3.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.2.1.
Yet another refinement of the original frigate. The shell design from a terrestrial mortar was called back into action after an earlier sabot round proved ineffective at base busting. This time the design was further evolved with a thermal shield, used as a flat ballistic cap. No worries about the shell burning up in atmosphere now. Utilizing the largest guidance unit available, forward pointing trajectory can now be maintained thanks to a large battery included in each of the 3 MK 2.5 solid shell rounds. May have to re-arrange stages to get it to fire correctly.
- Bring ship to edge of low kerbin orbit (not lower than 70,000m) and point it retro-grade.
- Refuel ship in orbit (this step might not be required).
- Turn off the ship’s SRS & RCS before firing to prevent ship from rotating while firing which could cause shell to hit chamber wall and explode.
- Detach shell using staging decoupler
- Fire using action group 2 (twin bore engine inside barrel @50% thrust).
- Turn off firing mechanism & recoil suppressor using action group 3
- Switch to fired shell using [ or ] key and set it to pro-grade to point in same direction as trajectory.
- Open up breech hatch using action group 4 (top 2 front cargo bay doors), detach next shell, then switch to its guidance unit (large probe core) to move it into the front of the barrel using RCS.
- Close breech hatch.
- Repeat steps 3-9 for the remaining 2 shells.
Features sloped armored side plates attached at different hard points to maintain integrity upon impact from enemy fire. 6 medium range guided missiles provide defence against enemy spaceships.
2 main engines at rear are different. Bottom one acts as recoil suppressor and for flight so top and bottom one’s thrust limiter must be tweaked manually to provide uniform thrust.
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 279
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote