Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock rocket called frigate try 5. Built with 279 of the finest parts, its root part is adapterSize3-Mk3.
Built in the VAB in KSP version 1.2.1.
Yet another refinement of the original frigate. The shell design from a terrestrial mortar was called back into action after an earlier sabot round proved ineffective at base busting. This time the design was further evolved with a thermal shield, used as a flat ballistic cap. No worries about the shell burning up in atmosphere now. Utilizing the largest guidance unit available, forward pointing trajectory can now be maintained thanks to a large battery included in each of the 3 MK 2.5 solid shell rounds. May have to re-arrange stages to get it to fire correctly.
- Bring ship to edge of low kerbin orbit (not lower than 70,000m) and point it retro-grade.
- Refuel ship in orbit (this step might not be required).
- Turn off the ship’s SRS & RCS before firing to prevent ship from rotating while firing which could cause shell to hit chamber wall and explode.
- Detach shell using staging decoupler
- Fire using action group 2 (twin bore engine inside barrel @50% thrust).
- Turn off firing mechanism & recoil suppressor using action group 3
- Switch to fired shell using [ or ] key and set it to pro-grade to point in same direction as trajectory.
- Open up breech hatch using action group 4 (top 2 front cargo bay doors), detach next shell, then switch to its guidance unit (large probe core) to move it into the front of the barrel using RCS.
- Close breech hatch.
- Repeat steps 3-9 for the remaining 2 shells.
Features sloped armored side plates attached at different hard points to maintain integrity upon impact from enemy fire. 6 medium range guided missiles provide defence against enemy spaceships.
2 main engines at rear are different. Bottom one acts as recoil suppressor and for flight so top and bottom one’s thrust limiter must be tweaked manually to provide uniform thrust.
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 279
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote