Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 132
- Mods: 2
A mod aircraft called Copperhead Mk2. Built with 132 of the finest parts, its root part is mk2Cockpit.Standard.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
Roughly inspired by the Copperhead dropships from the Final Fantasy universe.
- Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - Legacy Parts
- Squad (stock)
I usually bind [i] and [k] to manual rotation control, not sure if it is saved with the craft file. Not needed for takeoff, but useful for landing under power as opposed to using chutes.
* Select control point, usually cockpit, but there is a drone core just behind the cockpit for unmanned operation.
* Enable RCS and SAS
* Action Group 1 to start outboard jet engines, increase throttle to full and wait til engines are at maximum
* Action Group 2 to fire rockets
* Approximately 0.5 to 1 second later, use Action Group 3 to swivel engines to intermediate position
* Nose will automagically rise and fall. Use Action Group 3 to swivel the engines for foward flight when nose is at or near its highest point. This will stop the nose from coming back down.
* Action Group 4 to toggle inboard jet engines
* Action Group 2 to toggle rockets off
* Gear up, RCS off
* Keep nose at around 25-35 degrees above horizon for initial climb
* Near 10km, drop nose to 10-15 degrees and maintain
* As ship accelerates and climbs, watch for airspeed to maximize at around 900-1100m/s.
* When airspeed is stops increasing, enable RCS and hit Action Group 2 to toggle the rockets
* Keep nose at 10-15 degrees above horizon and wait until Apoapsis reaches 75km
* Reduce throttle to zero when AP is at or above 75km. Lock SAS to prograde vector to reduce drag while coasting out of the atmosphere.
* Set a maneuver node at AP to circularize orbit. Increase throttle to about 25% for circularization burn. The rotatrons wobble a bit due to how KSP works and this will induce oscillations which may get out of hand with higher power output. If wobble gets bad, reduce throttle and allow ship to recover.
* Kill RCS to preserve monopropellant
You should have about 200m/s delta v remaining.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote