Paste a url where
can be downloaded
LV-N Lander with Launcher
This is an example of a highly capable long-range LV-N Lander, in this setup it’s basically designed to visit Duna and Ike, and clean out every Biome on Ike and most on Duna, altough it also has plenty of deltaV for missions to the Jool system, Eeloo, etc.
- Enough TWR to land on Duna and any smaller world.
- Complete with Twin-Boar + Skipper launch stack which is capable of placing the entire setup in Duna orbit without even firing the LV-N.
- Has a self-delivered fuel depot allowing refilling the tanks slightly more than once. The idea is this fuel depot is left in orbit while landing and hopping around the surface.
- With the fuel depot detached, the lander has ~5700m/s of deltaV, enough to visit all biomes on a world like Ike and return to orbit. It can then refill and do it again.
- It is designed around the 300 science techs in career. If 550 techs are available, add a RGU probe core.
- If heading to more distant destinations, definitely upgrade the antennas.
- This can easily accommodate two seats or a pile of life support (note: bulk life support supplies would be added to the depot).
- The amount of high-quality deltaV from the Skipper can be increased by adding an extra Orange Tank to both the Twin-Boar and Skipper, and then adding a bunch more SRBs to get it off the launchpad. A bigger Skipper burn is handy for ejections to Moho/Jool/Dres etc.
- The Fuel Depot might be better implemented using an Mk3 Liquid Fuel Fuselage.
- Type: VAB
- Class: lander
- Part Count: 65
- Pure Stock
Built in KSP version 1.2.2.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote