Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The Krew Transfer Shuttle is a career-friendly SSTO spaceplane able to transport five kerbals to and from low Kerbin orbit. Refueled in LKO it can also transfer to and from Mun/Minmus/Duna orbit. Maximum altitude for an equatorial orbit is ~150 km; for lower orbital destinations one or more of the toroidal fuel tanks can be drained of oxidizer and/or liquid fuel.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 49
- Pure Stock
Due to the Panthers’ low top speed, flight to space needs to be carefully managed:
1. Begin takeoff roll at ~50% throttle; go to 100% at ~80 m/s.
2. Rotate at ~110 m/s, retract gear, and climb at 20° to 5000 m ASL.
3. Engage afterburners and climb to 8000 m before lowering nose to 10° to go supersonic.
4. Drop nose as needed to maintain 50-100 m/s climb rate.
5. At maximum velocity (~830 m/s at 13000 m), engage Swivel engine and pitch up to 20°.
6. At 30000 m, set SAS to prograde and manage throttle to maintain 1-2 min to apoapsis.
For reentry, a 100x30 km orbit with a periapsis directly over KSC and a 30-40° angle of attack will bring you down just short of the field, with several minutes of loiter time just in case.
A stock aircraft called Krew Transfer Shuttle. Built with 49 parts from the early (≤160) tech nodes, its root part is Mark2Cockpit. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote