Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A mod aircraft called XV1-experimental VTOL craft. Built with 41 of the finest parts, its root part is M2X.BladeCockpit.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.0.
The plane can be a bit hard to control so I recommend using SAS (it tilts up a lot).
Feel free to do some tinkering as i’m sure someone out there can improve this thing a lot more.
Top Speed (as far as I could get but i’m no the best pilot):
This is not an SSTO but from my testing all it would need is some solar panels or an RTG (if you can find somewhere to put them) and one of the liquid fuel tanks could be replaced with a rocket fuel tank because the engine already has both air breathing and closed cycle mode.
1. Toggles VTOL engines from horizontal and vertical
2. VTOL action group (shuts down rear engine and activates both VTOLS)
3. flight action group (shuts down both VTOL engines and activates main engine)
4. toggles main engine on and off
5. shuts down all engines
To take off in VTOL:
select action group 1 and then action group 2 (make sure SAS is enabled and fine controls). once at an appropriate altitude select action group 4 and gain forward momentum but turning off the VTOL engines before the aircraft possibly flips (make sure to pull in the VTOL engines before going too fast)
Taking off normally:
select action group 3 and take off as per usual (note that the nose lifts a bit more than it should)
Landing with VTOL:
slow down to under 200 m/s and activate the first and second action group and also activate the air breaks (with the break button) then use the throttle to lower yourself gently and be careful or sideways and forwards and backwards momentum ( just tilt the craft to go against this and possibly throttle up if you have to)
• adding mono propellant
• new ways of making power
• air intake (currently using the ones on the VTOL engines despite being inline)
• balance the craft better (stop nose from lifting up too much)
• adding items may unbalance the aircraft in VTOL mode as it is almost perfectly balanced
• do not use the air breaks over 200 m/s (only an estimate so you can try to go over if you want) doing so may case craft to pull up vertically and completely stall and would bring me to about 50 m/s ( if you are high enough the aircraft is still recoverable or you can use the VTOL to land or recover the craft.
please do comment on anything I could change or fix or if you want a video tutorial on flying it.
just remember to quicksave
bring the wings back a bit to put the centre of lift behind the centre of mass to avoid the nose up issue
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 41
- Mods: 2
- Mk2 Stockalike Expansion
- Squad (stock)
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote