Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The OSP40A-T Vaquita class cargo transport is a stock SSTO spaceplane that hauls an orange tank (36t) to a 72 km circular Kerbin orbit. With ~5 sec fuel left in LKO, it has quite a narrow margin of error so be sure to check out the ascent profile below. The Vaquita is also great for burning donuts around the VAB if that’s your thing (I know it’s mine, just remove the payload and drain the rocket fuel tanks). Built in the SPH in KSP 1.3.1 by Yakuzi.
NB: Open the cargo bay to use the RCS thrusters.
 Toggle RAPIER engines
 Switch RAPIER mode
 Toggle Panther engines
 Switch Panther mode
 Toggle air brakes
 Toggle cargo bay
2. At the end of the runway, pitch up until your prograde marker hits 10 degrees attitude
3. When the Panthers flame out (~1000 m/s), press
4. When starting to lose speed (~1350 m/s), press
2 to switch to closed-cycle mode
5. Don’t let your heading marker get too far from the prograde marker
6. When apoapsis =~72 km, turn off the engines and switch SAS to
7. Circularise at ~apoapsis
1. Burn retrograde until periapsis =~35 km
3 to switch to Panther engines, level wings and set SAS to
3. At 52 km, set SAS to
stability assist, keep attitude between 10-40 degrees
4. At 1200 m/s (Surface), set SAS to
prograde followed by
stability assist at prograde
5. Adjust attitude according to distance to landing site
6. Approach runway at ~80 m/s, flare and touch down
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 66
- Pure Stock
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote