Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Stock single seater SSTO spaceplane with a custom made cockpit based on the Chengdu J-20. Makes it to 80x80 low Kerbin orbit, 10 degrees attitude is your friend! Made in KSP 1.3.1 by Yakuzi.
1. Toggle RAPIER engines
2. Switch RAPIER mode
3. Toggle Panther engines
4. Switch Panther mode
5. Toggle air brakes
7. Toggle antenna
8. Toggle cockpit panels
9. Toggle cargo bay
0. Toggle docking port
2. Liftoff at 120 m/s, set and forget attitude of 10 degrees (don’t go over 15 degrees).
3. At 950 m/s press
3 to turn off Panther engines.
4. When starting to lose speed, press
2 to switch to closed cycle mode, keep within the prograde vector circle.
6. Burn to desired apoapsis (70-80 km), set SAS to
7. Circularise at ~apoapsis
1. Burn retrograde until periapsis of 30-35 km
3 to switch to air-breathing mode, level wings and set and forget SAS to
3. At 50 km, set SAS to
4. Above 1200 m/s, adopt a glide angle of 0 to 45 degrees
5. Approach runway at ~80 m/s, brake, flare and touch down
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 93
- Pure Stock
Since KSP v1.1, Squad decided to ‘fix’ the attachment rules of Mk2 fuselages. This has led to some unexpected/inconsistent/buggy behaviour when rotating Mk2 fuel parts, so you may find that some of these parts are flipped over (aesthetics issue only). If this bugs you, please send me a pm for the pre-1.1 part configs and message Squad :). There’s a topic about it on the forums here.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote