Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 49
A variation of my small Laythe lander. I added some small drop tanks (so not strictly an ssto,) solar panels and ion engines. It can make Kerbin orbit with ~3000 m/s dv left over.
It can be tricky to get to orbit.
- SAS on
- Pitch up to 15 degrees on take off. (this will creep up to 20 as you ascend.)
- When you stop gaining speed (at around 27.5 km) hit action group 1 to drop tanks, close intake and switch to closed cycle mode.
- Cut engines when ap reaches 70 km. You shjould be going around 1850 m/s.
- Pitch prograde
- At 56km fire rapiers prograde until fuel is exhausted.
- Action group 0 to deploy solar panels
- Stage ion engines.
- Finish burn to orbit.
A stock aircraft called smallionssto. Built with 49 of the finest parts, its root part is Mark2Cockpit. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.0.2.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote