Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A remake of the the stock Stearwing D45 that works in KSP 1.2.x
The Stearwing D45-B features a unique two-stage design: The first stage takes it up to the edge of the atmosphere and nearly to orbital speed. The second stage kicks in just as the turbines start to flame out, and twin LV 909 rockets take it from there out to space.
The D45 carries a crew of 2 plus 4 passengers in a pressurized cabin, as well as up to 6 more in its cargo bay seats.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 77
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.2.2
It’s powered by:
- 2 Whiplash Turbo Ramjet engines for take-off and atmospheric acceleration.
- 2 Terrier Rocket engines for in-space propulsion.
Well balanced and suitable for landings in terrain and water.
- Min Landing speed: 35 m/s with Flaps.
- Liquid Fuel: 100
- Dry Weight: 12.3 t.
- Wet Weight: 19.5 t.
- Max Take-off weight 5.2 t.
- Full throttle, Stage and take-off at 100 m/s.
- Hold 15° above horizon until 18 km altitude.
- Stage to drop Jet engines and set to follow Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is a couple km above your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s.
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote