Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock Drone Spaceplane SSTO intended to deliver heavy landers and smaller interplanetary craft to LKO.
It is able to deliver payloads equal to an Orange Jumbo tank (36 t) to 80 km circular orbit and still have a several hundred m/s dV spare for orbital maneuvers.
NEW: The Mk3 has been updated with better aerodynamics by using less intakes and smaller wing. It’s lighter and has less fuel, but can still manage to get to orbit with more dV than the previous version.
For a similar craft with VTOL see the SSTO I-2 Galiano
Based on the very successful SSTMun Z-1 Double-D
- No docking ports, and no RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 5290
- Oxidizer: 4510
- Dry Weight: 24.5 t.
- Wet Weight: 73.5 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 36 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 110 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 50
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.2.1
- Cost: 64,534
Ascent Profile (Max Payload)
- Brakes on, Full throttle, Stage and let then engines spool up.
- Take-off using full runway length and build up speed to 550 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10° above horizon and hold it until 22 km.
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode (Action Group 1)
- Keep going at 10° above horizon.
- When AP is above 45 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is a couple km above your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
If payload is less than max, it may be necessary to pitch up further than 10° to avoid overheating.
Target Airbreathing speeds and altitudes for this craft is:
- 0 km = 550 m/s
- 5 km = 900 m/s
- 10 km = 1250 m/s
- 15 km = 1350 m/s
- 20 km = +1400 m/s
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s.
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote