Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The XS-160 Olympus is a Stock Passenger SSTO with room for 160 Kerbals.
When launched to a 80 km circular orbit it has at least 400 m/s dV to make rendezvous with.
It is powered by 4 Turbo Ramjets and 6 RAPIERs and is quite heat resistant.
- 1 shielded docking port and lots of RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 19030
- Oxidizer: 15070
- Dry Weight: 120.9 t.
- Max Take-off weight 291.4 t.
The Mk.3 has been updated with better aerodynamics. Less control input during ascent and less drag from excessive intakes of the Mk.2.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 93
- Pure Stock
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Built in the SPH
- Cost: 458,411
- Half throttle, SAS on, Stage and start rolling. (This is to avoid flame-outs until the intakes have enough air)
- At 10-15 m/s Full throttle and take-off using full runway length.
- Build up speed to 400 m/s at sea level.
- Pitch up gently so you’re at 10° above horizon, when hitting 450 m/s
- At 7 km start pitching down, so you’re level between 9 and 10 km and build up speed.
- At ~1200 m/s pitch up gently to reach 10° ascent before 12.5 km altitude.
- At 20 km switch RAPIER Mode (Action Group 1)
- When Jets run out of Air, you can turn them off. (Action Group 2)
- Keep going at 10° ascent. It will stop climbing at ~24 km, but it will start climbing again.
- When AP is above 60 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is at your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde marker until the maneuver is ~135 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde, pump any fuel from the 3 rear tanks into the large central tank, and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 40° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s.
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- Use brakes to slow down to around 120 m/s.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote