Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The SSTO TT-160 Jumper Mk.6a is a Low-tech Single Stage Spaceplane that will take 5 Kerbals to Low Kerbin Orbit with ~350 m/s dV to spare for rendezvous and deorbit.
To use it as a rescue vehicle, you’ll have to shuffle the pilot temporarily into a crew cabin, to let the rescuees enter. Or let the pilot EVA, while the rescuees enter. It does have a probe core, too, so it can be flown remotely.
While there is a cargo bay, it is used to hold the docking port, monopropellant and other utilities. It is possible to add some of the smaller Science instruments, but not a Science Jr. without clipping.
160 Research are the most expensive Tech nodes required for this craft.
The Mk.6a has been upgraded with active yaw control. The Mk.6 had only passive yaw stability.
The design of the craft is mildly inspired by the Sukhoi PAK FA.
Only 3 tech tree nodes costing 160 science.
- Crew: 1 Pilot + 4 Passengers
- Propulsion: 2 J-404
- Liquid Fuel: 1900
- Oxidizer: 1760
- Dry Weight: 13.4 t.
- Wet Weight: 31.7 t.
- Time to MECO: 7-8 minutes.
- Time to Orbit: 14-15 minutes.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 58
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.1.2
- Cost: 29,414
Full throttle, SAS On and Stage
Take-off at 80 m/s, and climb 10° on Dry thrust (non-afterburner)
- Full throttle, SAS On, Stage and Take-off at 80 m/s, and climb 10° on Dry thrust (default).
- At 1000 m pitch down to 5° above horizon and switch to Wet thrust (Action Group 1)
- Build up speed to 500 m/s then pitch up to 10° above horizon again.
- At 8 km pitch up gently to reach 15° above horizon at 10 km.
- When speed is no longer rising, at 12-13 km altitude, engage the LV-T45. (Action Group 2)
- Shutdown the Panthers when they flame out around 16-18 km. (Action Group 3)
- Keep holding 15° pitch above horizon.
- At 38 km start pitching down to reach 10° above horizon at 40 km.
- When AP is above 50 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is above 80 km.
- Circularize at AP.
At 1 km pitch down to 5° and switch to Wet thrust (Afterburner)
Build up speed to 500 m/s then pitch back up to 10°
At 12-13 km altitude, engage the LV-T45 rocket
Docking port on the belly (Action Group 9). 350 m/s dV is enough to go visit a station up to a couple hundred km orbit.
- Get to a 80 km circular equatorial orbit.
- In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is 80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until speed drops to ~1250 m/s.
- Hold 5° pitch until you reach landmass where KSC.
- You should be passing over the coast at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point halfway between runway and the hills.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with 50 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Keep nose 30° above horizon until speed drops to ~1250 m/s
Aim for a point about halfway between runway and the hills.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote