Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The Chibi Skylon is a simple stock drone SSTO capable of lifting up to 15.5 t of cargo.
The Mk.2 has been upgraded with full RCS translation and front docking port.
It is powered by 2 RAPIERs and has at least 500 m/s dV available when launched to an 80 km circular orbit.
- Front external docking port
- Full RCS tramslation.
- Liquid Fuel: 3770
- Oxidizer: 2750
- Dry Weight: 16.0 t.
- Wet Weight: 48.6 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 15.5 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 65 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 48
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 65,712
- Brakes on, Full throttle, Stage and let then engines spool up.
- Take-off using full runway length and build up speed to 425 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10° above horizon, without losing speed.
- At 7 km start pitching down, so you’re level around 9 km and build up speed.
- At ~1200 m/s pitch up slowly to reach 10° above horizon before 12.5 km.
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode (Action Group 1)
- Keep going at 10° above horizon.
- At 30 km pitch down to 5° above horizon.
- When AP is above 45 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is a couple km above your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote