Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The SSTO S-108 Long Mk4 is a Single Stage Spaceplane Drone that will take 100 t to Low Kerbin Orbit with 200 m/s dV spare for rendezvous.
With it’s very long cargo bay, it is well suited for lifting interplanetary ship and station modules.
The Mk.2 has been redesigned to a pure RAPIER setup and now has full RCS translation and a front external docking port.
It is much easier to fly and has lower time to orbit.
- When loading cargo, be sure to place the Center of Mass close to the pointy end of the landing gear bay.
- Use RCS only for translation, not rotation. Then it’ll last much, much longer.
- Front external docking port
- Full translation RCS
- Propulsion: 16 RAPIERs.
- Liquid Fuel: 13780
- Oxidizer: 8580
- Dry Weight: 77.9 t.
- Wet Weight: 189.7 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 100 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 290 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 92
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.2.0
- SAS on, Full throttle, Stage and take-off using full runway length.
- Build up speed to 400 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up to 15° above horizon.
- At 5 km pitch up to 10° above horizon.
- At 8 km pitch down to 5° above horizon.
- At 11 km pitch up to 10° above horizon, again.
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode. (Action Group 1)
- Pitch down slightly to midway between 10° and the prograde marker.
- When speed is 1800 m/s pitch down to follow prograde marker.
- Throttle down when AP is at 85 km altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose ~35° above horizon until your speed is around 1500 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with ~70 m/s horizontal speed and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote