Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The Mk.2 is now available for KSP 1.2
The SSTO S-108 Long Mk.1 is a Single Stage Spaceplane Drone that will take 108* t to Low Kerbin Orbit with 500 m/s dV to spare for rendezvous.
*) 108 t = 3x Orange Tank
- 9 Rapiers, 4 Turbo Ramjets, and 4 Nervas.
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 14030
- Oxidizer: 5830
- Dry Weight: 77.4 t.
- Wet Weight: 176.7 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 108 t.
- Max Payload (Minmus orbit): ?? t.
- Max Take-off weight 285 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 91
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.4
- Cost: 234,147
- Brakes on, Full throttle, Stage and let then engines spool up.
- Take-off using full runway length and build up speed to 400 m/s at sea level.
- Slowly pull-up so you’re at a 15° ascent, when hitting 450 m/s
- At 7 km start pushing nose down, so you’re level with horizon between 9 and 10 km and build up speed.
- At ~1000 m/s pull-up slowly to reach nose at 15° above horizon before 12.5 km. (Too fast and the plane may break. Too slow and you’ll overheat)
- At 18 km engage Nervas (Action Group 3).
- Prograde marker will start to drop, but keep nose at 15° above horizon.
- At 23 km switch Rapier Mode (Action Group 1)
- When Rapiers run out of Oxidizer, you can turn them off with Action Group 2.
- Keep going on Nervas with nose still 15° above horizon.
- When AP is above 60 km point the nose at Prograde marker.
- Throttle down when AP is at your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde marker until the maneuver is ~135 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 40° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- Aim for 90 m/s when flaring. Use brakes or engines to adjust speed.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down speed should be around 60 m/s with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote