Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The craft is a kerbalized version of the OKB-49 Beriev Design Bureau 1957 project of supersonic long range bomber and recon aircraft amphibian.
Water landing speed should be ~50 m/s.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 75
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 76,169
- No external docking or RCS
- Propulsion: 2 J-404 Panther, 2 RAPIERs
- Liquid Fuel: 1960
- Oxidizer: 1320
- Dry Weight: 16.1 t.
- Wet Weight: 32.5 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): < 1.5 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 34 t.
- SAS on, Full throttle, Stage to activate Panthers and RAPIERs. Both should both be used for ascent. If on water, keep nose pointed at horizon, while building speed. Make sure Panthers are in Wet mode (Action Group 3)
- At 80 m/s lift nose and take-off. (100 m/s on water)
- Pitch up to 15° above horizon.
- At 6 km pitch down gently to reach 10° above horizon at 10 km altitude.
- Shut down Panthers when they flame-out at ~1000 m/s (Action Group 4)
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode. (Action Group 2)
- When AP is 45 km start following prograde marker.
- When AP is at 81 km altitude, throttle down, turn prograde and coast to space.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~70 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around ~1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- Keep nose 10° above horizon until you are over the landmass where KSC is at 20-25 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote