Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Description - Updated for KSP 1.0.5
The Kerbal Star-Raker SSTO is inspired by a concept developed by Rockwell in 1979.
There’s room for 7 kerbals. 3 in the cockpit and 4 in the passenger compartment. It is power by 6 Turbo Ramjets and 3 Aerospikes.
It is capable of lifting 17 t to a 80 km circular orbit with 600 m/s dV left for rendezvous and deorbit.
New: The Mk.2 has been upgraded to KSP 1.0.5 and received a few improvements. The wing has been extended slightly and it is now more pitch stable during ascent especially above 20 km.
- Shielded ventral docking port
- Full RCS translation.
- Liquid Fuel: 6900
- Oxidizer: 5500
- Dry Weight: 41.3 t.
- Wet Weight: 103.3 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 16.7 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 120 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 88
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 106,010
- Full throttle, Stage and pitch up 5° when speed is 110 m/s
- Keep going at 5° pitch until speed is 350 m/s.
- Pitch up to 15° above horizon, without losing speed.
- At 8 km pitch down to 10° above the horizon.
- At 18 km engage the Aerospikes. (Action Group 1)
- When the Jets run out of Intake Air they can be shut down. (Action Group 2)
- Pump any remaining fuel from the engine pylons to the tank behind the cockpit.
- Keep 10° ascent till AP is 60 km, then pitch down to prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is 82 km and coast to space.
Access the crew hatch and docking port through ventral doors.
Dorsal cargo bay for satellite or lander deployment.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose ~35° above horizon until your speed is around 1500 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote