Paste a url where
can be downloaded
A stock Drone Spaceplane SSTO intended to deliver heavy landers and smaller interplanetary craft to LKO.
It is able to deliver payloads equal to an Orange Jumbo tank (36 t) to 80 km circular orbit and still have a few hundred m/s dV spare for orbital maneuvers.
Balanced VTOL engines provide Short Take-Off and Vertical Landing capability (STOVL) for non-runway takeoffs and landings.
For a similar craft without VTOL see the SSTO Z-2 High-Five
- Propulsion: 6x CR-7 RAPIER
- VTOL: 8x J-404 Panther
- Front shielded docking port and full RCS translation
- Liquid Fuel: 9320
- Oxidizer: 6380
- Dry Weight: 49.6 t.
- Wet Weight: 128.1 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 36 t.
- Max Takeoff weight: 165 t.
- Max VTOL weight (Dry thrust): 64 t.
1: RAPIER Mode
2: RAPIERs On/Off
3: VTOL On/Off + Doors
4: Panther Mode
9: Cargo Bay Doors
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 81
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 149,562
- Full throttle, SAS on, Stage and take-off using full runway length.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10° above horizon, without losing speed.
- At 7 km start pitching down, so you’re level around 9 km and build up speed.
- At ~1200 m/s pitch up slowly to reach 10° above horizon before 12.5 km.
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode (Action Group 1)
- Keep going at 10° above horizon.
- At 30 km pitch down to 5° above horizon.
- When AP is above 50 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is a few km above your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until around 40 km altitude.
- Pitch up to 45° above horizon until altitude is 25 km.
- You should be passing over the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Use Landing Flaps (Brakes) to slow down to 90-100 m/s.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote