Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Note: The much more powerful I-1 Triana Mk.2 is now available.
The I-1 Triana Mk.1 is a single stage medium range Passenger Spaceplane with room for a small light payload. There’s room for 8 passengers and 2 crew and it has about 1400 m/s dV when launched to a 80 km circular orbit.
Despite it’s sleek looks, it is not a fighter jet. It’s a hypersonic transport, so fly it gently.
It is recommended, but not required, to use some sort of flight assistant. (MechJeb SmartSAS or Pilot Assistant)
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Propulsion: 1 RAPIER, 2 LV-Ns
- Liquid Fuel: 2220
- Oxidizer: 220
- Dry Weight: 18.4 t.
- Wet Weight: 30.6 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 0.4 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 31 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 40
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 60,530
- SAS on, Full throttle, Stage to activate RAPIER.
- At 90 m/s lift nose and take-off.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at seal level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10°-15° above horizon.
- At 8 km pitch down gently to reach 10° above horizon at 10 km altitude.
- At 10 km build up speed ~900 m/s and then start pitching up gently without losing speed.
- Reach 10° pitch before 12 km or you risk overheating.
- At 18 km engage LV-Ns. (Action Group 1)
- At 29 km switch RAPIER Mode. (Action Group 2)
- Keep pitch at 10° above horizon.
- At 35 km shut down the RAPIER (Action Group 3)
- When AP is 45 km start following prograde marker.
- When AP is at 81 km altitude, throttle down and coast to space.
- Circularize at AP.
Transfer fuel from the fuselage tanks to the wing pylons to get the proper dV readout from KER and MechJeb.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around ~1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- Keep nose 10° above horizon until you are over the landmass where KSC is at 20-25 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Use airbrakes to adjust your speed to ~80 m/s as you pass the runway start.
- Touch down with 70 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote