Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Note: The much more powerful I-1 Triana Mk.2 is now available.
The I-1 Triana Mk.1 is a single stage medium range Passenger Spaceplane with room for a small light payload. There’s room for 8 passengers and 2 crew and it has about 1400 m/s dV when launched to a 80 km circular orbit.
Despite it’s sleek looks, it is not a fighter jet. It’s a hypersonic transport, so fly it gently.
It is recommended, but not required, to use some sort of flight assistant. (MechJeb SmartSAS or Pilot Assistant)
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Propulsion: 1 RAPIER, 2 LV-Ns
- Liquid Fuel: 2220
- Oxidizer: 220
- Dry Weight: 18.4 t.
- Wet Weight: 30.6 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 0.4 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 31 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 40
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 60,530
- SAS on, Full throttle, Stage to activate RAPIER.
- At 90 m/s lift nose and take-off.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at seal level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10°-15° above horizon.
- At 8 km pitch down gently to reach 10° above horizon at 10 km altitude.
- At 10 km build up speed ~900 m/s and then start pitching up gently without losing speed.
- Reach 10° pitch before 12 km or you risk overheating.
- At 18 km engage LV-Ns. (Action Group 1)
- At 29 km switch RAPIER Mode. (Action Group 2)
- Keep pitch at 10° above horizon.
- At 35 km shut down the RAPIER (Action Group 3)
- When AP is 45 km start following prograde marker.
- When AP is at 81 km altitude, throttle down and coast to space.
- Circularize at AP.
Transfer fuel from the fuselage tanks to the wing pylons to get the proper dV readout from KER and MechJeb.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around ~1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- Keep nose 10° above horizon until you are over the landmass where KSC is at 20-25 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Use airbrakes to adjust your speed to ~80 m/s as you pass the runway start.
- Touch down with 70 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote