Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The SSTO H-7 Shark Mk.2 is a Single Stage Spaceplane that will take 22 Kerbals and 36 t to Low Kerbin Orbit with ~500 m/s dV to spare for rendezvous and deorbit. It has a very long cargo bay, with ground access via rear cargo ramp and deployment via opening spine.
The cockpit is inside the nose cone, which opens and closes with the landing gear, so the pilots can see what they’re doing during takeoff and landing. The rest of the flight is on instruments.
When loading in cargo, make sure CoM is right in the middle of the Cargo Bay or very slightly in front.
- 8x J-X4
WhiplashJets and 2x RE-I5
- Docking port and Full RCS translation.
- Liquid Fuel: 10400
- Oxidizer: 8800
- Dry Weight: 76.2 t.
- Wet Weight: 172.2 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 36 t.
- Max Take-off weight 209 t.
- Max time to 80 km orbit: 15 minutes MET
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 117
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.1.2
- Cost: 191,405
Adjust the length of the docking adapter to place CoM right in the middle of the Cargo Bay.
- Half throttle, SAS on, Stage and start rolling. (This is to avoid flame-outs until the intakes have enough air)
- At 15 m/s Full throttle and take-off using full runway length.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10° above horizon, without losing speed.
- At 7 km start pitching down, so you’re level around 9 km and build up speed.
- At ~1150 m/s pitch up slowly to reach 15° above horizon when speed is 1250 m/s.
- At 18 km engage Skippers. (Action Group 1)
- Keep going at 15° above horizon.
- When the Jets flame out shut them down. (Action Group 2)
- Pitch down slowly to reach 10° above horizon at 28 km.
- Keep going at 10° above horizon.
- At 40 km or when AP is above 45 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is a few km above your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
Build up speed to 450 m/s at sea level.
Engage Skippers at 18 km.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until around 40 km altitude.
- Pitch up to 45° above horizon until altitude is 25 km.
- You should be passing over the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with 60-70 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote