Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Description - Not certified for KSP 1.0.5 or newer
The SSTO H-6 Drone Mk.3 is a Single Stage Spaceplane Drone that will take 51* t to Low Kerbin Orbit with 700 m/s dV to spare for rendezvous, or to comfortably bring 34 t of cargo to Minmus orbit (1600 m/s dV in LKO).
*) 51 t = Orange Tank + 15 t or 3 full Large Ore Tanks
Design inspired by a craft by AaronLS
- 4 Rapiers, 2 Turbo Ramjets, and 2 Nervas.
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 9810
- Oxidizer: 3630
- Dry Weight: 39.7 t.
- Wet Weight: 106.9 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 51 t.
- Max Payload (Minmus orbit): 34 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 158 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 67
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.4
- Cost: 151,401
Easily takes an Orange tank (36 t) to LKO
- Brakes on, Full throttle, Stage and let then engines spool up.
- Take-off using full runway length and build up speed to 400 m/s at sea level.
- Slowly pitch up so you’re at a 15° ascent, when hitting 450 m/s
- At 7 km start pitching down, so you’re level between 9 and 10 km and build up speed.
- At ~1000 m/s pull-up slowly to reach 20° ascent before 12.5 km. (Too fast and the plane may break. Too slow and you’ll overheat)
- At 18 km engage Nervas (Action Group 3) and pitch down to 15° above horizon.
- At 25 km switch Rapier Mode (Action Group 1)
- When Rapiers run out of Oxidizer, you can turn them off with Action Group 2.
- Keep going on Nervas at 15° pitch above horizon.
- When AP is above 70 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is at your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
Just barely takes 51 t to LKO
Comfortably takes 34 t to orbit around Minmus
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde marker until the maneuver is ~135 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep nose up)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- Use brakes to slow down to around 90 m/s.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote