Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Description - Not certified for KSP 1.0.5
The SSTO H-6 Drone Mk.3 is a Single Stage Spaceplane Drone that will take 51* t to Low Kerbin Orbit with 700 m/s dV to spare for rendezvous, or to comfortably bring 34 t of cargo to Minmus orbit (1600 m/s dV in LKO).
Design inspired by a craft by AaronLS
- 4 Rapiers, 2 Turbo Ramjets, and 2 Nervas.
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 9810
- Oxidizer: 3630
- Dry Weight: 39.7 t.
- Wet Weight: 106.9 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 51 t.
- Max Payload (Minmus orbit): 34 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 158 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 67
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.4
- Cost: 151,401
Easily takes an Orange tank (36 t) to LKO
- Brakes on, Full throttle, Stage and let then engines spool up.
- Take-off using full runway length and build up speed to 400 m/s at sea level.
- Slowly pitch up so you’re at a 15° ascent, when hitting 450 m/s
- At 7 km start pitching down, so you’re level between 9 and 10 km and build up speed.
- At ~1000 m/s pull-up slowly to reach 20° ascent before 12.5 km. (Too fast and the plane may break. Too slow and you’ll overheat)
- At 18 km engage Nervas (Action Group 3) and pitch down to 15° above horizon.
- At 25 km switch Rapier Mode (Action Group 1)
- When Rapiers run out of Oxidizer, you can turn them off with Action Group 2.
- Keep going on Nervas at 15° pitch above horizon.
- When AP is above 70 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is at your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
Just barely takes 51 t to LKO
Comfortably takes 34 t to orbit around Minmus
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde marker until the maneuver is ~135 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep nose up)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 30 km altitude.
- Nose down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Nose down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- Use brakes to slow down to around 90 m/s.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote