Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The SSTO D-47 Moonshine Mk.3 is a long range Drone SSTO with a very small cargo volume. It has up to 3400 m/s dV in LKO.
It can bring around 2t to Duna orbit and I’ve used it to refuel a spacecraft that was stranded there.
The design of the craft is inspired by various UCAVs like the Northrop Grumman X-47B.
For a crewed craft with similar performance see the SSTO L-2 Dunerider
- Propulsion: 2x CR-7 RAPIER + 1x LV-N
- Mk2 docking port and full RCS translation
- Liquid Fuel: 3420
- Oxidizer: 660
- Dry Weight: 14.9 t.
- Wet Weight: 35.3 t.
- Max Payload: 3 t.
- Max Takeoff weight: 38.3 t.
1: LV-N On/Off
2: RAPIER Mode
3: RAPIERs On/Off
9: Cargo Bay doors
RCS: Docking Port doors
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 74
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 101,112
- Full throttle, SAS on, Stage.
- At 60 m/s lift the nose gently and take-off.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up gently to 10° above horizon, without losing speed.
- At 18 km engage the LV-N. (Action Group 1)
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode (Action Group 2)
- Keep going at 10° above horizon.
- At 30 km pitch down to 8° above horizon.
- Shut down the RAPIERs when they run out of oxidizer. (Action Group 3)
- When AP is above 50 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is a few km above your desired altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is 70-80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 30° above horizon until around 40 km altitude.
- Hold 5° pitch until you reach landmass where KSC is located.
- You should be passing over the coast at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Use Airbrakes and Flaps (Brakes) to slow down to 60-70 m/s.
- Touch down with 50 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote