Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The D-4 Outrider is a flexible medium range SSTO. In the default configuration it can lift 4.5 t cargo to a 80 km circular orbit with nearly a 900 m/s dV for rendezvous and deorbit.
It comes standard with Crew Cabin and a long Mk2 cargo bay, but this can easily be replaced with other Mk2 parts. Here are 3 supported configs:
- Long range config: Long LFO tank + Short Cargo
- Medium range config: Short LFO tank + Long Cargo
- Shuttle config: 2x Crew Cabin + Short Cargo
For a smaller version, check out the D-3 Ranger
Notes: Don’t forget batteries or power generators. The standard Crew Cabin has struts to the side tanks inside the cargo bay. Replace with similar strutting inside a cargo bay, to reduce drag.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 52
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.4
- Cost: 46,655
- Max Take-off weight: 50 t.
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 3140
- Oxidizer: 2860
- Dry Weight: 14.1 t.
- Wet Weight: 44.1 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 6 t.
Long range config
* Max Payload (Duna/Eve orbit): 2 t.
Medium range config
* Max Payload (Mun/Minmus orbit): 4 t.
* Max Payload (LKO): 4 t.
- Full throttle, SAS, Stage and at 100 m/s pitch up 5° and take-off.
- At 500 m/s pitch up to 10° above horizon.
- At ~1000 m/s pitch up slowly to reach 15° above horizon around 15 km.
- At 20-22 km switch RAPIER mode. (Action Group 1)
- Keep 15° pitch above horizon.
- When AP is above 50 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is at 82 km.
- Circularize at AP.
1000 m/s reached at 10-12 km altitude
Medium Range configuration 4 t cargo delivered to Mun with enough dV to return to Kerbin.
Long Range configuration 2 t cargo delivered to Duna orbit.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde marker until the maneuver is ~135 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 40° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote