Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The D-3 Ranger is flexible medium range SSTO. In the default configuration it can lift 4.5 t cargo to a 80 km circular orbit with nearly a 900 m/s dV for rendezvous and deorbit.
It comes standard with a long Mk2 cargo bay, but this can easily be replaced with other Mk2 parts. Either another long or two short.
- Medium range config: Short LFO tank + Short Cargo
- Shuttle config: Crew Cabin + Short Cargo
Don’t forget batteries or power generators.
For a Turbo Jet version, check out the D-2 Scout
For a larger version, check out the D-4 Outrider
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 40
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.4
- Cost: 36,921
- Max Take-off weight: 38 t.
- No external docking port or RCS.
- Liquid Fuel: 2060
- Oxidizer: 1540
- Dry Weight: 10.1 t.
- Wet Weight: 30.1 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 6 t.
Medium range config
- Max Payload (Mun orbit): 2 t.
- Max Payload (Minmus orbit): 2 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 4 t.
- Full throttle, SAS, Stage and at 100 m/s pitch up 5° and take-off.
- At 300 m/s pitch up to 15° above horizon.
- At 8 km pitch down to around 5°. Aim to be at 1000 m/s at 10-11 km.
- At ~1000 m/s pitch up slowly to reach 15° above horizon before 15 km.
- At 20-22 km switch RAPIER mode. (Action Group 1)
- Keep 15° pitch above horizon.
- When AP is above 60 km point the nose Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is at 82 km.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde marker until the maneuver is ~135 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose 40° above horizon until your speed is around 1400 m/s. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- You should be nearing the coast of the landmass where KSC is at 25-30 km altitude.
- Pitch down 5°-10° below horizon and aim to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- Pitch down further, if needed, and aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote