Paste a url where
can be downloaded
The C-9 Payroll is a toned down version of an unsubmitted entry I made for the Stock Payload Fraction Challenge.
It originally had 34 RAPIERs, lifted more than 400 t payload and had a takeoff weight of 780 t, but the part count was so high it was a slideshow to fly it. This version is still quite hard on the physics engine, so expect a reduced frame rate.
There’s also an issue with cargo bay occlusion. Sometimes, after time/physics warp and quickload, some of the control surfaces will become unresponsive. Double tap Action Group 9 to open-close the Cargo Bay doors, to make the control surfaces respond again.
- When loading cargo, be sure to place the Center of Mass above the front half of the landing gear bay.
For a half size version check out SSTO S-108 Long
- Front external docking port
- No RCS
- Propulsion: 24 RAPIERs.
- Liquid Fuel: 13780
- Oxidizer: 8580
- Dry Weight: 115.7 t.
- Wet Weight: 318.7 t.
- Max Payload (LKO): 216 t.
- Max Take-off weight: 535 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 140
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.0.5
- Cost: 361,560
- SAS on, Full throttle, Stage and start your takeoff roll.
- Just before reaching the end of the runway activate the Takeoff Flaps and lift off. (RCS Action Group)
- You should be able to lift the nose 5-10° and just barely avoid crashing the rear of the craft into the ground.
- Deactivate the Takeoff Flaps and build up speed to 400 m/s at sea level. (Below 300 m)
- Pitch up to 15° above horizon.
- At 5 km pitch down to 10° above horizon.
- At 8 km pitch down to 5° above horizon.
- At 11 km pitch up to 10° above horizon, again.
- At 22 km switch RAPIER Mode. (Action Group 1)
- Pitch down slightly to midway between 10° and the prograde marker.
- At 30 km pitch down to follow prograde marker.
- Throttle down when AP is at 82 km altitude.
- Circularize at AP.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose ~30° above horizon. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- At 36 km altitude pitch down to 10° above the horizon.
- When you pass over the coast of the landmass where KSC is pitch down 5°-10° below horizon.
- Adjust pitch to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- When you’ve passed the mountains aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with 70 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote