Paste a url where
can be downloaded
New: The Mk4 has been updated for KSP 1.2 and now has a ladder and more robust main landing gear.
A well balanced, small, fast and easy to launch SSTO with 2 pilots and room for 4 passengers and some cargo. It’ll take anything you can attach to the docking port and fit in the cargo bay with no clipping.
Standard configuration should have at least 400 m/s dV with 7 t payload, when launched to a 80 km circular equatorial orbit.
New features for Mk.3
- Cargo bay size has been doubled.
- Aerodynamic stability has been improved, to be less aggressive on pitch changes.
- For extra range, half the cargo bay can be easily replaced with a fuel tank.
Extended Range configuration should have at least 950 m/s dV with 3.5 t payload, when launched to a 80 km circular equatorial orbit.
- 2 RAPIERs.
- Dorsal external docking port and full RCS translation.
- Liquid Fuel: 2860
- Oxidizer: 1540
- Dry Weight: 13.6 t.
- Wet Weight (Standard): 31.7 t.
- Wet Weight (Extended Range): 35.8 t.
- Max Payload (Standard): 7 t.
- Max Payload (Extended Range): 3.5 t.
- Max Takeoff Weight: 39.3 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 43
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.2.0
- Cost: 43,800
Extended Range configuration.
Ascent Profile (Max payload)
- Full throttle, SAS on, Stage, and use the full length of the runway to take-off.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at sea level. (below 300 m)
- Hold the nose at 10° pitch above horizon until 35 km altitude.
- At 24 km press 1 to switch RAPIER Mode.
- At 35 km set the SAS to follow Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is above 80 km.
- Coast to space and circularize.
With less than max payload it may be necessary, to increase pitch up to 15° above horizon, between 10 km and 20 km.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose ~30° above horizon. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- At 36 km altitude pitch down to 10° above the horizon.
- At 25 km altitude pitch down to 0° above the horizon.
- When you pass over the coast of the landmass where KSC is pitch down 5°-15° below horizon.
- Adjust pitch to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- When you’ve passed the mountains aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with 60-70 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed. If you go any slower the tail will strike the runway.
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote