Paste a url where
can be downloaded
New: The Mk4 has been updated for KSP 1.2 and now has a ladder and more robust main landing gear.
A well balanced, small, fast and easy to launch SSTO with 2 pilots and room for 4 passengers and some cargo. It’ll take anything you can attach to the docking port and fit in the cargo bay with no clipping.
Standard configuration should have at least 400 m/s dV with 7 t payload, when launched to a 80 km circular equatorial orbit.
New features for Mk.3
- Cargo bay size has been doubled.
- Aerodynamic stability has been improved, to be less aggressive on pitch changes.
- For extra range, half the cargo bay can be easily replaced with a fuel tank.
Extended Range configuration should have at least 950 m/s dV with 3.5 t payload, when launched to a 80 km circular equatorial orbit.
- 2 RAPIERs.
- Dorsal external docking port and full RCS translation.
- Liquid Fuel: 2860
- Oxidizer: 1540
- Dry Weight: 13.6 t.
- Wet Weight (Standard): 31.7 t.
- Wet Weight (Extended Range): 35.8 t.
- Max Payload (Standard): 7 t.
- Max Payload (Extended Range): 3.5 t.
- Max Takeoff Weight: 39.3 t.
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 43
- Pure Stock
- Built in the SPH
- KSP version 1.2.0
- Cost: 43,800
Extended Range configuration.
Ascent Profile (Max payload)
- Full throttle, SAS on, Stage, and use the full length of the runway to take-off.
- Build up speed to 450 m/s at sea level. (below 300 m)
- Hold the nose at 10° pitch above horizon until 35 km altitude.
- At 24 km press 1 to switch RAPIER Mode.
- At 35 km set the SAS to follow Prograde.
- Throttle down when AP is above 80 km.
- Coast to space and circularize.
With less than max payload it may be necessary, to increase pitch up to 15° above horizon, between 10 km and 20 km.
- 80 km orbit. In Map mode, focus Kerbin and turn camera so KSC is facing towards you right above the Navball.
- Time warp until your spaceplane is right behind Kerbin.
- Put a maneuver node right where you orbit appears from behind Kerbin on the left side.
- Pull the retrograde handle until the maneuver is ~100 m/s dV.
- Move the maneuver node until the planned orbit intersects the surface through KSC.
- Pull the prograde handle until the maneuver is ~80 m/s dV.
- Perform the maneuver.
- Turn Prograde and time warp till you enter atmosphere.
- Keep nose ~30° above horizon. (May need to move fuel around to keep stable)
- At 36 km altitude pitch down to 10° above the horizon.
- At 25 km altitude pitch down to 0° above the horizon.
- When you pass over the coast of the landmass where KSC is pitch down 5°-15° below horizon.
- Adjust pitch to pass the mountains at 10 km, at 650-750 m/s.
- When you’ve passed the mountains aim for a point about half the runway length in front of the runway.
- At 200 m, flare and aim for the runway.
- Touch down with 60-70 m/s and less than 3 m/s vertical speed. If you go any slower the tail will strike the runway.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote