Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 105
- Pure Stock
100% Stock heavy lifter SSTO spaceplane. 105 parts. Root part is mk2DroneCore. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
This craft will easily lift a full Kerbodyne S3 14400 tank into orbit with plenty of DV to spare.
1 - Toggle Rapier engines air breathing/closed cycle
2 - toggle SP25 rocket engine
0 - Decouple Hydraulic Attachment
Mods used to make video: https://vimeo.com/214775053
- Camera Tools
- Astronomer’s Visual Pack
- Mechjeb 2
- Kerbal Engineer Redux
- Reentry Particle Effect
- Initial ascent at 10 degrees
- Upon reaching Mach 4+, pitch up to 15-20 degrees and hit AG 2 to activate PS25 rocket. Rapiers will toggle to closed cycle automatically at 29km.
- When coasting, hit AG 1 to toggle rapiers back to air-breathing mode (thereby deactivating them)
- Circularise and conduct orbital manoeuvre using SP25 only
- Hit AG 0 to decouple the hydraulic attachment and release the cargo
- Perform reentry at 30 degrees pitch
- Mechjeb is highly recommended for a smooth ascent, descent and landing (See video: https://vimeo.com/214775053
- Long range antenna required for interplanetary trips
- Electricity is provided by a fuel cell which is activated on staging
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote