Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 105
- Pure Stock
100% Stock heavy lifter SSTO spaceplane. 105 parts. Root part is mk2DroneCore. Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.2.2.
This craft will easily lift a full Kerbodyne S3 14400 tank into orbit with plenty of DV to spare.
1 - Toggle Rapier engines air breathing/closed cycle
2 - toggle SP25 rocket engine
0 - Decouple Hydraulic Attachment
Mods used to make video: https://vimeo.com/214775053
- Camera Tools
- Astronomer’s Visual Pack
- Mechjeb 2
- Kerbal Engineer Redux
- Reentry Particle Effect
- Initial ascent at 10 degrees
- Upon reaching Mach 4+, pitch up to 15-20 degrees and hit AG 2 to activate PS25 rocket. Rapiers will toggle to closed cycle automatically at 29km.
- When coasting, hit AG 1 to toggle rapiers back to air-breathing mode (thereby deactivating them)
- Circularise and conduct orbital manoeuvre using SP25 only
- Hit AG 0 to decouple the hydraulic attachment and release the cargo
- Perform reentry at 30 degrees pitch
- Mechjeb is highly recommended for a smooth ascent, descent and landing (See video: https://vimeo.com/214775053
- Long range antenna required for interplanetary trips
- Electricity is provided by a fuel cell which is activated on staging
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote