Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 1530
- Pure Stock
I don’t how many of you will try to fly this, but if you do, follow these instructions carefully.
- Complete these BEFORE launching.
- Install V.O.I.D. Be sure to enable
advanced displayto see your rad/s.
- Install Physics Range Extender OR reroot the root part to the central MK3 Cargobay. (Physics Range Extender is mostly for convenience. It will allow you to release the ion powered craft without switching to it. If you reroot to the central MK3 bay, you do not need this mod, but you will have to fumble with craft switching to select the ion craft)
- Restart KSP. Before making ANY run, restart KSP. 4.Set physics delta to 0.12 (This will make the game run faster at the expense of FPS)
- Launch from the runway. Do not launch from SPH. Be sure to select a pilot.
- EVA pilot and put him in command chair. Close doors with AG 1 and press space to detach command pod.
- Press space to detach arm section.
- Hold ALT-Q to set the roll trim to max. Turn SAS ON.
- Press space to detach propellers.
-This is where things get stressful. Stay the plan and everything should be fine.
- When you are emotionally prepared, quickly switch to each propeller. Disable SAS and press AG 2 for EACH propeller.
- Switch back to the main craft. Enable SAS RADIAL OUT.
- Press F12 to enable aero vectors. When all the blue arrows seem about the same length, press space to detach.
- Wait until the craft reaches ~20000 Km. This should take about 90 minutes.
- Switch to the arm section. Press space to fire up ion engines. Set throttle to max. make sure the control point is from the kerbal.
- Wait until the craft is spinning 2.5 rad/s. Press space when navball is pointing straight up. (I have no idea how long the system can maintain this level, so work as quickly as you can.)
- Press prograde. Once prograde, press space to detach reaction wheels.
- Maintain a pitch of 45 degrees.
- Stage batteries when empty.
- In orbit! Enjoy the view!
A stock aircraft called Helios MK4. Built with 1530 of the finest parts, its root part is trussPiece1x.
Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.3.1.
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote