Paste a url where
can be downloaded
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 360
- Pure Stock
Boeing B-52 H Stratofortress
The B-52 is a heavy American bomber. First flown in 1952, the bomber was developed in the late 1940s to replace the odl B-29 bombers. It was designed to carry nuclear bombs way over enemy territory. Over 700 were built until 1962. The plane has been in usage since 1952, making it the plane longest in military service. The USAF wants to use the bombers for decades to come. Maybe the
BAFF (Big Ugly Fat Fucker as it’s pilots like to call it) is gonna serve for over 100 years.
The Plane has:
- ten Mark-82 bombs
- one B53-Y2 Hydrogen Bomb (with parachute)
This is an updated version of my previous B-52 ( https://kerbalx.com/SpaceTrashCan/Boeing-B-52 )
- redesign of the hull (placements)
- center of mass and center of lift positions are improved
- Bombing Bays are placed further in the back (More realistic)
- complete redesign of the tailplane/rear area.
- changes on the mainwings (more lift)
The Plane now handles slightly better. It has overall more lift than before. The proportions fit better than before. It looks more realistic than the older version.
How to fly it
- press [space] to fire engines (100% thrust)
- liftoff minumum speed: 145m/s
- after liftoff the plane pitches itself ~25 degree upwords all alone. (it keeps that angle stable)
- Fly to your prefered altitude with the plane pitched up
- Decelerate to ~50% thrust
- Bring down the nose, make the plane even (now youre in crusing mode)
- 50% throttle is the way to go on a steady distance flight.
- pressing  opens the bombing bays
- pressing  drops Mark-82 bombs
- pressing  drops B53-Y2 bomb
- You need a long runway, that’s it basically xD
- keep it steady with maximum 15% pitched up
Do you really want to downvote this?
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote