Paste a url where
can be downloaded
There is an updated version of this plane, with mostly cosmetic changes: https://kerbalx.com/SpaceTrashCan/Boeing-B-52-H
They both handle quite similar. Feel free to check both out :)
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
The B-52 is a heavy American bomber. First flown in 1952, the bomber was developed in the late 1940s to replace the odl B-29 bombers. It was designed to carry nuclear bombs way over enemy territory. Over 700 were built until 1962. The plane has been in usage since 1952, making it the plane longest in military service. The USAF wants to use the bombers for decades to come. Maybe the
BAFF (Big Ugly Fat Fucker as it’s pilots like to call it) is gonna serve for over 100 years.
 Toggle Bay Doors
 Drop Mark 82 Bombs
 Drop B53-Y2 Bomb 1
- Type: SPH
- Class: aircraft
- Part Count: 337
- Pure Stock
My plane is 3m shorter than the original and it’s wingspan is with over 45m 7m shorter than the original one. I think that is quite acurate for kerbal standarts. It handels well (for a 160t bomber :P ). The starting mass is also pretty close to the original. On modelling i focused on the wings and the nose areas mostly. I wasn’t have with the shuttle cockpit and the games biggest stock wings.
The Plane has:
- ten Mark-82 bombs
- one B53-Y2 Hydrogen Bomb (with parachute)
How to fly it
- press [space] to fire engines (100% thrust)
- liftoff minumum speed: 130m/s
- after liftoff the plane pitches itself ~25 degree upwords all alone. (it keeps that angle stable)
- Fly to your prefered altitude with the plane pitched up
- Decelerate to ~50% thrust
- Bring down the nose, make the plane even (now youre in crusing mode)
- 50% throttle is the way to go on a steady distance flight.
- pressing  opens the bombing bays
- pressing  drops Mark-82 bombs
- pressing  drops B53-Y2 bomb
- You need a long runway, that’s it basically xD
- keep it steady with maximum 15% pitched up
Dropping a B53-Y2 Hydrogen Bomb
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote