Paste a url where
can be downloaded
My Space Shuttle with a very light payload of fuel with a station docking module attached.
Can carry 30T to 200x200 orbit easily (More if ascent is carried out well)
- Type: VAB
- Class: ship
- Part Count: 211
- Pure Stock
It is important to use the action groups correctly when using the shuttle
- Once roll is complete activate action group 6 - This turns off the roll gimbal on the vector engines (if this is not done it can wobble
- At 2000m throttle engines down to 66%
- At 5000m activate action group 7 (This shuts down one of the engines in the booster to simulate thrust trail-off)
- At 9000m throttle engines back up to 100%
- At 10km activate action group 8 (This shuts down another engine)
- At 16km activate action group 9 (This shuts down another engine)
- Once in space (above 70km) activate action group 4 (This locks vector gimbal and activates the radiators)
- Also activate action group 1 and 2 - This will disable the vectors and enable to R.A.P.I.E.R.S.
- Due to the R.A.P.I.E.R.S. being slanted to point through the CoM you must fly the shuttle above any maneuver node (There is a docking port clipped inside of the cockpit which you can control from - This will allow the R.A.P.I.E.R.S. to function properly
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote