Paste a url where
can be downloaded
Please note that since uploading this craft I have changed the FAT-445 Aeroplane Control Surface on the trailing edge of the wing, with a Elevon 2 and Elevon 3, as these are more tolerant of the high temperatures encountered during re-entry.
A stock aircraft called Kiter SSTO. Designed to transport up to 6 crew for crew rotation of Kerbals manning stations in LKO. Capable of reaching orbits up to 350km.
- Take off around 65-70 m/s
- Initial climb at 30 deg nose up
- Nose down to 20 deg when speed starts falling
- 3k to 10k lower nose a few degs as necessary to stop speed falling
- At 10k drop the nose to 10 deg and just keep it there
- 22k-23k and 1200-1300 m/s, acceleration will start to slow, press AG key 1 to switch engine mode
- Kill engines when apo reaches 100k. No point in having higher apo at this stage, as it will drop while you are still in atmo
- At apo, circularise your orbit
- You should have fuel left for a 350k orbit from this point, but you will need to refuel to de-orbit from that height
- Type: SPH
- Class: spaceplane
- Part Count: 40
Do you really want to downvote this?
Don't forget, people build craft at all skill levels, just 'cos something is 'newbish' doesn't mean it needs hatin'.
It will cost you 5 of your own points to downvote